The Symposium will bring together solar and stellar physicists investigating the dynamics of convection zones and lower atmospheres. It will be dedicated to observational and theoretical aspects of the hydrodynamics and magnetohydrodynamics, both global and local, of the solar and stellar convection zones and lower atmospheres with the inclusion of numerical simulations as a particular branch of theoretical research. Specific subjects to be discussed are as follows:
- Convection (solar – on different scales – and stellar)
- Differential rotation and meridional circulation (both solar and stellar)
- Global dynamo (in the Sun and stars; solar-cycle observed patterns and predictions)
- Helioseismology and asteroseismology (both global and local; probing subsurface structure and dynamics)
- Local processes of magnetic-flux emergence, sunspot and starspot formation (observed patterns of sunspot evolution, small-scale motions, local dynamo)
Труды симпозиумов МАС публикаются издательством Cambridge University Press.